Background: The Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC) UI lets you list the mail column for each object, which displays the default (SMTP) email address for objects. You can export the list from ADUC to a CSV/txt file. However, any additional email addresses in the proxyAddresses attribute are not exported.
There’s no GUI interface (in ADUC or ESM) to list or export all email addresses. Here’s a script to do that – ListEmailAddresses.vbs.
Download link updated to non-HTTPS.
What does it exactly do?
- Queries Active Directory for Contacts & Groups
- Lists their email addresses
- Queries Users
- Lists enabled users’ email addresses
- Lists disabled users’ email addresses separately (was required for a certain project I did a long time back)
- Outputs to command line and also to a text file – c:\proxyaddresses.txt
- X.400 addresses are ignored